This document explains how to install a Beehive distribution on your machine. Once you have completed the basic setup steps, your environment will be setup for building Beehive applications.
(1) The following software is required for developing Beehive applications:
- Beehive Binary Distribution -- download from http://beehive.apache.org/releases/release-1.0.2.cgi
- Ant 1.6.2 -- download from http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- J2SE 5.0 JDK -- download from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
(2) Make sure that the following environmental variables are set in your shell.
Example values for these variables could be:
ANT_HOME = /home/foo/java/apache-ant-1.6.2 JAVA_HOME = /home/foo/java/jdk1.5.0_04
(3) Ensure that $JAVA_HOME/bin and $ANT_HOME/bin are on your $PATH.
You are now ready to begin developing Beehive applications! If you plan on running the Beehive tutorials, follow the tutorial specific steps here.
Information on tutorials and samples is here.